Nowadays, we always have our smartphones carried with us such as an iPhone, an Android device, even a tablet no matter whenever and wherever. With so much vital personal data on the phone, losing a phone, misplacing it somewhere, or even worse, having it stolen by a thief can make us in high tension and drive our headaches throughout the day.
Losing a phone not only means we lose a large amount of money but also lose our significant information, contact lists, documents, etc.
Ways to Track iPhone from an Android Phone
If you are using an iPhone, then you must be quite familiar with the Find My iPhone app on the iOS-based system, which allows users to locate and track a lost iPhone from another iOS device. Still, the internet market outside also offers plenty of options for you to track the iPhone easily, especially some apps and software online.
However, tracking a lost phone can be tough and complex if someone you know or a loved one is not using the same iPhone system as you do. In this matter, you may need to find another effective method. Let’s see together what are those helpful ways to try in the next section!
1. Use Android Phone to Make a Call to Your Lost iPhone
In case your iPhone is not stolen by someone, making a call and sending a message to your lost iPhone can be the most effective and easy way. Or if you just misplace your iPhone in a supermarket, barbershop, restaurant, or other places, you can call your phone number right away, and someone who has picked up your phone will surely answer you on the other side. Then you can get the location information of your lost iPhone and track it back very soon.
2. Track an iPhone by Using Android Browser
To track an iPhone from an Android device, the first thing you need to keep in mind is that you must enable the proper setting on it. If you are using another person’s Android phone to look up your iPhone, you can opt for using the Android browser in private mode and your data will not be stored in the browser.
Here are the step-by-step guides to trace your lost iPhone:
- Firstly, you go to the official iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID;
- Then, from the menu list, choose the Find My iPhone icon;
- Next, select the device you wish to locate;
- Finally, pick one from their available offers to track or set limitations on your missing iPhone;
- Last but not least, don’t forget to log out of your account once you have done so.
Their available options are: Play sound, set a lost mode, or erase your iPhone/iPad.
3. Track an iPhone Location With Google Maps
Actually, it’s possible to track your iPhone with Google Maps, but make sure to enable the specific setting in advance. For this method to work, you need to install Google Maps on the iPhone before it gets lost and turn on the location services.
Follow the steps to use Google Maps:
- Go to the web browser on the Android device and log into your Google Maps Timeline account;
- Choose the data your phone went missing and the travel route and locations you have visited;
- The phone you have taken on that day will show you the timeline and indicate the last time you used the iPhone.
4. Track an iPhone With a GPS Tracking App
Using one of the best phone number trackers online with GPS is also a good way for locating a lost or stolen iPhone. MLocator is a feature-rich iOS and Android phone tracking softwarethat you can use to track a lost iPhone or Android device. With the GPS-enabled feature, it can locate a phone on a map. All you need is to sign up for the app and use their service for only $0.99 a trial within 24 hours. Give this app a chance to prove its value for you from its official website link https://www.mobilephonelocator.net.
See fancy features of MLocator:
- Helping locate family members in real-time on the map;
- Allowing you to know when loved ones arrive or leave from home;
- Providing the feature for you to share live location with friends;
- Assisting in finding a lost or misplaced phone.
As you can see, tracking or locating someone’s phone should be done under their knowledge and permission in the consideration of information privacy. Personally, I would like to recommend MLocator for you since it offers the simplest way to track a phone but without breaking the laws. For more tacking information, please feel free to ask us in the below box!